Tent Camping in Boone, IA
Seven Oaks is THE place to tent camp in Iowa! Our tent campground is complete with picnic tables, fire rings, clean porta-potties and modern restrooms with showers located at the base of the ski hill. Our tent camping spots are first come first served…we do not take reservations for camping spots.
Normally open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend (call to check dates outside this schedule).
One day of Seven Oaks not enough for you? No problem. Our hilltop camping area is great for groups of any size. With a view overlooking the scenic Des Moines River Valley, and a lot of shade, our tent camping facility is equipped with picnic tables, fire pits, and Port-A-Potties. Showers and flush toilets are available at the lodge 24-hrs a day. Fire wood is available upon request. SCOUTS CAMP FREE with a Seven Oaks Activity. We also offer several stay and play type packages with local hotels.
Check in for tent camping can normally happen in the main office Sunday – Thursday from 8am to 5:30pm and Friday and Saturday from 8am to 6pm. Camp hosts are available on weekends outside of the normal office hours. If you plan to arrive after these hours please call ahead.
- Tent camp pricing is $5/person/night (age 5 and under free)
- Campground includes tables, fire pits and Port-A-Potties
- Flush toilets and showers available in lodge 24-hours
- Quiet hour enforced at 11 pm
- No kegs in campground or river floats
- Firewood is $5 per bundle and can be purchased during normal business hours
- Do not bring firewood to Seven Oaks as it may harbor invasive pests
- Pets are allowed but must be leashed and present no hardship to others
- No ATVs or dirt bikes allowed
- Scouts camp free with a Seven Oaks activity
In order to maintain a clean and safe environment, we do have some rules that must be followed… View our complete list of campground rules.
All participants must sign an Indemnification Agreement/Liability Form. You may print the agreement to obtain required signatures prior to arrival.
If you plan to drink alcohol . . . please drink responsibly.
Ever want to know which bugs are making all that noise while you’re camping… listen to songs of insects.
Other campgrounds with electric near Seven Oaks